Had this for "dessert" tonight. However, it would make a great beverage near the end of a meal, I think. I didn't sweeten it, so it wasn't "dessert-y," really. It was still wonderful, though!
- 6-1/2 oz milk
- 5-6 ice cubes, or 1/2 cu chipped ice
- 1-1/2 tbsp powdered malted milk
- 4-5 very ripe strawberries, tops removed
- Combine milk, ice, and malt in blender and blend intermittently until ice is ground. Some "hailstones" will probably remain, depending on your blender, if you use ice cubes.
- Add strawberries and blend at the highest setting until frothed.
- Serve in chilled glasses with straws, perhaps garnished with fresh mint.
Note: As the frappe sits, it will separate somewhat into a frothy upper layer and a liquid lower layer.